TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
As a Volunteer for the 2018 YMCA Rat Race you acknowledge and agree to the following:
Warning of potential harm and assumption of risk:
1. Whilst all reasonable care and skill is taken by the YMCA of Brisbane to ensure safe equipment, facilities and provision of service, you are aware that this activity may involve a significant risk of physical harm or personal injury or ill-health, including, but not limited to, muscular strains, ligament and tendon sprains, bone fractures, neck and spinal damage, or aggravation of pre-existing injuries or medical conditions.
2. You understand that any such injury or illness may result not only from your actions but from the action, omission or negligence of others.
3. You understand these injuries or illnesses may impact my future abilities to earn a living, engage in other business, social and recreational activities and generally enjoy life.
4. You understand and appreciate the inherent risks and agree to accept those risks.
1. You are over the age of 18, or if under the age of 18 have provided parent / guardian permission to Volunteer otherwise have a parent / guardian also present at the Activity at the same time.
2. You participate in the Activity solely as a volunteer and at your own risk. You are not a YMCA employee or contractor. You are not entitled to any payment or compensation for services provided.
3. You must report to the YMCA Person in Charge (or their delegated representative) upon arrival and at all times, follow the directions of YMCA staff in relation to the Activity.
4. You must report all safety hazards or incidents to a YMCA staff person. You must pay due attention to the health and safety of all staff, volunteers and participants. You will comply with any and all policies, procedures, guidelines or instructions provided to you in relation to the Activity.
5. You carry out work you have agreed to do responsibly, ethically and in accordance with the YMCA Core Values of Honesty, Care, Respect and Responsibility.
Medical conditions and injuries
1. You must notify the YMCA Person in Charge prior to performing any work if you believe you are not capable of undertaking any task (including due to any pre-existing injury or medical condition).
2. In the event that you sustain an injury, you must complete an Incident Report Form .
3. You give consent for the YMCA to arrange for medical attention or transfer to a Medical Centre or to a hospital if, in the opinion of that person, medical attention is needed or is likely to be needed.
1. The YMCA holds current Volunteer insurance that provides registered YMCA Volunteers engaged in voluntary work officially organisaed by and under the control of the YMCA.
2. Cover under this policy axtends to necessary direct travel to and from the Activity.
Indemnification and release:
1. In consideration of the risks and potential for injury and illness, and to the full extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless the YMCA of Brisbane, its officers, employees, volunteers and agents from any and all liability, claims or demands for any costs that may occur.
2. This includes, but is not limited to, medical treatment, emergency transportation, legal costs, court costs or investigative costs, resulting from any injury, illness or adverse change in medical condition or state of health (whether permanent or temporary), however caused arising out of participation in this activity, except to the extent of any negligent act or omission by the YMCA of Brisbane, its officers, employees, volunteers and agents.